Sunday, April 27, 2014

10 things you probably don't know about me

I've hit my first hard case of writers block. Every blog post, I tell myself I'm going to write about something important like feminism and other mature adult things. And then I laugh at myself and remember that I am a child. So I write about the things I know. Camp, Los Angeles, Traveling. I think I want to take this time to write about one of the things I know best: myself. Get to know me just a little bit better and learn some random things you probably didn't know.

1. When I was 9 I had my birthday party at a roller rink. I fell right before I opened presents and broke my wrist. Except my mom didn't believe me and said I was fine. I wouldn't shut up about it so I finally got to go the doctor. They said I was fine too. Well that weekend my mom got a call saying they read the X-ray wrong, my wrist was broken and I had to come in for a cast. My mom always took me seriously when I was hurt after that.

2. I got my car a few months into my senior year. Not even 12 hours after having it, I drove it to school and hit one of the poles holding up the solar panels covering the parking lot. I was so embarrassed I didn't tell anyone. There's a sexy scrape about the size of my hand on my bumper. Nobody knew where I got it until now.

3. I was born on Friday the 13th. Anyone in my family would agree that it makes a lot of sense.

4. When I was going to school in Santa Barbara, I got hit on by a midget. A real live little person. His name was Paul and he really wanted to know what bus I was waiting for. Glad we weren't on the same one because he was extremely creepy.

5. My best friend from kindergarten married my ex boyfriend and all I can think about is how thankful I am that I dodged that bullet.

6. I was in a music video and it was really embarrassing so I won't saw who it was for. They were an MTV featured artist and the scene was at a crazy house party. I had to chug milk in a contest against some guy. I'm allergic to milk and had to try not to puke in front of 40+ people. It was not worth my 15 minutes of fame.

7. My first real boyfriend ended up being a registered sex offender for sleeping with his younger step sister. Not something I should of had to deal with at 16 years old.

8. My great great uncle was one of the original creators of the Superman comics. I never met the guy but the comic book nerds like that fact.

9. I almost died at camp last summer. I got my belly button pierced in the back of a hair salon in this sketchy gross town. 4 hours later and I'm still gushing blood. I finally go to the health center where I'm trying not to have a panic attack and pass out. They got the piercing out and the bleeding to stop. I have a cute scar and my campers text me asking "so how is your belly button?" all the time. Never again...

10. My mom was my teacher in the 5th grade. A lot of people ask me if she favored me. Exact opposite. One day she switched our desks around and she made me sit next to this gross boy who had a crush on me. I was so pissed off I wrote "HELP ME" in big letters in my notebook and held it straight up so she could see it. She just laughed at me and kept on teaching.


Do we all feel like we know me a little bit better now? I shall be back and stirring up chaos asap!

Much love,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment