Sunday, April 6, 2014

Karma and jet lag

Exhausted doesn't even to begin to explain how I feel. I don't even remember falling asleep. But I woke up and my room was dark (I usually sleep with my tv on) and someone had put my dog in my room because she was curled up next to me and it's almost 3 am. But my brain believes it's almost 12 pm so this seems right.

Since the idea of choosing something to watch on Netflix seems like an exhausting task, I'll ramble on in another blog. 

Has someone ever done something nice for you, and you can't help just play it over and over in your head? This morning (or was it now yesterday? Time traveling is confusing) at the airport it was absolute madness. We almost missed our flight because Air France is honestly the most disorganized airline ever. I was waiting in line to check in our bags with my family and the line was extremely long. There was a French family behind us for majority of the wait. But as the line got closer, people were trying to cut and push their way through. I got separated from my dad and some guy with a huge luggage cart rammed me out of the way to cut in front of me. 

One of the French guys behind me grabbed his shoulder and pulled him back and told him "no!" And gestured for me to move forward to catch up with my dad. I was in shock. So I'm trying to squeeze forward carrying my brothers hitch hiker backpack that's as big as my midget proportions and my own suitcase which weighs as much as I do. The French guy then grabs my suitcase, lifts it up over the asshole who rammed me, and helps me move it forward. I said merci beaucoup over and over and he just smiled and said your welcome in English. And who said the French were rude?


I couldn't help but play it over and over in my head. And I don't know why! But it got me thinking about karma. That guy didn't have to help me. If I saw a little person like me with 2 bags as big as her holding an American passport, I would probably laugh. But he didn't. He went out of his way so I could catch up with my dad. So to the French man who helped me in the crowded airport in Paris, I hope you get 28299643 bonus karma points. 

I love to believe that good things happen to good people. I recently read a book that made me see that life needs balance. If you take a little, you give a little. You give a lot, you take a lot. 

It seems like there are those people out there who get whatever they want, no matter how badly they treat people. I'm not a perfect person. I helped super glue a girl to her seat in the 7th grade! But I am more accountable for my actions now that I'm almost 20 and I try my hardest to be the best person I can be. 

When I had to cancel my trip to England, I spent a lot of time wondering what the hell I could of possibly done to deserve that. But now I think that it was just my life balancing itself out. Because if I went to England, I wouldn't of gone on my incredible trip this week. 

So if you're struggling, and things seem like they can't get much better, keep going and keep being the best person you can be. Next thing you know, you'll be shooing away gypsies at the Eiffel Tower. Or you could be the person that helps out a struggling girl in an airport that she can't stop thinking about. It's the little things that can make a huge difference, and in return you will find great things coming your way. 

Karma counts

Much love,
Jen



No comments:

Post a Comment