Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Can you tell me what makes you happy?

I feel like my past few posts have been a bit negative. It's okay, it happens. I keep it real on here. But I think it's time for some positivity. What makes you happy? It doesn't matter if it's something materialistic like a pair of shoes or something sentimental like time with family. We all should have a list of things that make us smile. Could you do that? It takes some thinking, at least for me. But I did come up with a short list of things that make me a happy little Jen.


Not having a kid
Oh boy does this make me happy!! Some may disagree, but I think wiping poop out of someones ass crack at 4 am is my definition of rock bottom. I can barely keep myself alive, let alone a little person who would scream at me when I'm trying to get my groove on with my friends on a Saturday night. A miniature me is my version of hell. Yay for not having to deal with that!

Tulips
Every girl has a favorite flower. I've only gotten them once but it was a very happy moment. Another reason why I'm so in love with Amsterdam. They are everywhere! Love love love them!

Starbucks
Anyone who snapchats me is aware of the problem I have. I go a minimum of 4 times a week. I have over $100 in gift cards and I have to maintain gold status so there is no reason for me not to stop and get a delicious caffeinated beverage. 9 times out of 10, I will pass by a Starbucks when I'm going somewhere. A happy tummy is a happy Jen.

My campers
Yeah you all know camp makes me happy. But did I really explain why I'm going back? My kids from last year fill me up with so much happiness. The love you feel when you have 7 kids yelling at you because you're about to leave the bunk without a hug goodnight and making sure each one is tucked in nice and tight is pretty amazing. Not a day went by without crying tears of laughter. I wish I could tell you some of the things they said but it's not even appropriate for my blog. I miss them so much. Every day is just another day closer to being back to the happy place.

Tequila
I'm keeping it real here, remember?

A good book turned into a movie
Am I the only one who is excited about The Fault in Our Stars coming out? At least from the previews it seems like they're staying really close to the storyline and it won't make me too upset. I read the book in Amsterdam, which is where they go in the book/movie. So I'm kind of partial to this. It makes me happy to see an authors hard work put to life.

Parks and Recreation
If you aren't watching this show then you're a failure and I need you to leave this blog and come back when you finish season one. Amy Poehler is a goddess. Can I be her when I grow up? When in doubt, I always blame Jerry! DAMN IT JERRY! Seriously go watch so you know what I'm talking about.

Ordering things online
This is something I need to really stop doing because at this rate I'm going to be in NYC living off $1 pizza this summer. Even though I have the patience of an 8 year old and check my shipment tracking twice a day, when it finally comes its like a mini Christmas!! I love it and I do it all over again.

My blog
I never thought I would enjoy this as much as I do. I look forward to coming up with something new to write about and talking about it with you guys. There is no better feeling than when someone tells me they enjoy my writing. Although I write about a lot of silly things, a lot of personal things go into it as well. I still get nervous every time I hit the share button. But the views go up and up with every day and nothing makes me happier than knowing that someone can relate to what I'm writing about.


I hope with the negativity we face every day, that you find a little happiness here and pass the love along to someone who needs it.

Much love,
Jen

1 comment: