Sunday, April 27, 2014

I can't be friends with you!!

At what point will they see that enough is enough?

We all have the case of the clingy ex. The one we can't seem to just get rid of. The reason Facebook created the option to block people.

They may have hurt you. Or maybe you hurt them. Either way I'm sure in 99% of these cases someone didn't make it out unscathed. We have all been on one side or the other at some point.

I don't know your situation. And if you've read my previous blogs then you can probably piece mine together. American girl meets a foreign guy....blah blah blah. The details don't matter.

I've never been the type of girl to be friends with my ex. I just can't do it. Maybe because all the guys I've dated end up being extremely scummy. Sex offenders, playboy military types, leaving me frantic with a $850 plane ticket. Not exactly the warm and fuzzy feelings leading to a friendship.

There is nothing wrong with this. And I'm sick of being told there is!

There is a difference between being civil, and wanting to be friends. When I'm being civil, I'm not going out of my way to remind you what a piece of shit you are. I don't mind you being friends with my friends. I don't freak out when you message MY MOM and bug her asking how I'm doing. I keep my mouth shut.

No. It is not okay that you like the pictures I'm tagged in on Facebook, follow me on instagram, or try to be my friend on snap chat.

My social media outlets? Those are for my friends. The ones who I trust. The amazing people I have scattered around the world. I want to share my lives with them and I want to see theirs as well. When you hurt me, you lose that privilege.

Some people don't like this. They don't like that you take a stand. They aren't okay with no longer being a part of your life. They will tell you that you're immature. That you just need to move on.

But they don't see that this is you moving on! This is you taking a stand and not letting them make a difference in your life anymore. This is you realizing that they don't deserve any of those rights.

I don't want to catch up with you. I don't want to see your updates and pictures. They don't matter to me. You are no longer my friend!

What do they expect? Is your ex girlfriend trying to see that you aren't going out every weekend? Is your ex boyfriend trying to figure out if you're still sad? What made them believe that they still had that right?

They don't. They have no right. And they can't let us feel bad for moving on and not putting up with it anymore.

So if he wants to call me names? Fine. Bug my family and friends? Go for it. Get mad at me when I ask him to please stop? That's cool. It doesn't change anything. I am just that much more thankful that you did what you did.

At the end of the day, your actions give my blog the fuel I need to keep it going. You would probably think it's stupid anyways, which only motivates me that much more. So next time you see me, don't drop your jaw and don't stare. This blonde hair and tan skin doesn't miss you at all.

Much love (or kiss my ass),
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment