Thursday, April 17, 2014

I'd rather run away

Today I feel like running away. 

I want to sit in an uncomfortable airplane seat for 11 hours contemplating if this was the dumbest thing I've ever done. 

I want to get off the plane and have no idea what the hell I'm doing. The most terrifying and exciting feeling. 

The gratification of getting another stamp in my passport. Like collecting a rare item. 

I want to sit in a pub surrounded by strangers. But only for a little. Because those strangers become friends so quickly. Exchanging stories and drinks and that light bulb that goes off in your head where you think "oh so this is what those poetic travelers talk about in their blog". 

The horrific yet satisfying feeling of being jet lagged due to being able to time travel. 

Waking up and for .5 seconds being really confused to why the people on the tv are speaking a foreign language. I miss that. 

I want to feel the adrenaline in my veins when I am extremely concerned that I have gotten lost in a foreign country. And I want to feel the satisfaction of figuring it out on my own. 

I want to take fabulous Instagram pictures and think "lol isn't it lovely that I got here on my own?"

I want to spend way too much on clothing and alcohol. 

I want to enjoy the freedom of being unreachable. And the wonderful gift of free wifi when it comes around. 

But today I sit in my room. Deciding if I should start my homework now or tomorrow. Wondering if I need to put gas in my car. Debating what I should wear on my date on Saturday. 


When in all honesty I'd rather just run away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment